Balls of snot
So why do people suck?
No really, they do, don't they? Just look at them. From far or near.
I can understand the guy who said (I think it was Linus Pauling): "I love humanity. Its just the individual human I detest."
The average guy is a ball of snot. No denying that really is there?
Just look at him. There he is with all his illusions and aspirations, ideals and (for most) morals from his childhood. Which is of course, maybe a good thing. But you know what screws it all up? His self-deprecating action after action. Its tiring to watch him blare out his dreams and hopes and desires (yes, he calls them that even!) to other soggy-witted friends of his, and go right ahead and do something completely counter-productive.
He likes art or music? He takes up commerce for a safe job.
He likes science or math? He's scared of security and does engineering
He likes her? He doesn't tell her, or worse lets her find out from the grapevine.
He loves his mom? He hides his habits till her heart is weak enough to explode, and then hits her with them.
He loves his dad? He's foolish enough to live HIS dreams and ruin both. (cos the cookie never crumbles like you want it to)
It works best in his career: Never likes his job, always complains, does it to provide an end to his means, and keeps busy enough that it all never means anything anyway.
I just love it. 80-hour take-my-heart and steal-my-wife job, here I come!
It would really be ok if he sees that its not gonna happen, abandons his delusions and just lives life as it comes. But the scars of childhood (hopes) never do wane I guess. Its sad only when he keeps talking about those dreams... until he can't anymore. About anything.
Today we are gathered here to pray for peace for our loved one who has gone into the heavens. He was many things to many people: brother, lawyer, gay faggot, lecher, shirker, swindler, priest, father, wife-beater, adulterer and a sinner we shall always love and remember. But as he heads to the pie in the sky, remember him for what he was best: a ball of snot! Amen.
But, anyway... why do people suck? The why is so complex.. and tiring as this snotty lowlife is... it'll have to be in another depressive post. (or so I think i hope)
7 Comments:
Wooo-Hooo!! love the cynicism. made my day (ah the perversity of it ..) like it so much that I am going to get it out and across them miles and mailservers.
-j.
Thanks Jake!
But really, this observation is so recurring that its a wonder people not just stand themselves, but even seem to be proud of it, isn't it?
I suppose human fallibility is acceptable (and might just be my favorite thing yet), but asinine counter-productive hypocritic self-denial?
Got your mail. Keep the faith ol' buddy ol' pal.
hey nice one man
slisha cynical why???
You certainly have a keen eye! Whoever you are...
I agree wholeheartedly. Human beings need to get off their high horse and realize they really suck.
But, see, the key is to ENJOY the fact that they suck. Sit back, have a refreshment, and laugh at the human race and its many idiocies. Laugh at others, laugh at yourself, just laugh. Cynicism is easily one of the most enjoyable emotions if treated properly.
Oh definitely, people as a study are pretty interesting and funny. Through my experiences and mime-surfing I've developed a healthy dislike for human beings. That helps. :-)
Like Scott Adams says :" You got to realize that people are idiots. Once you accept that fact then you can sit back and have a laugh. Its very healthy. "
Such wisdom.
j.
Post a Comment
<< Home